Post 2: Why did I choose my major?

             Here studing for my character. I played Isidora Aguirre for Los que van        quedando en el camino.


I always knew that I would become an actress. I interviewed myself as if I was a famous actress in front of the mirror when was alone in my bedroom. I always felt like flying when people gave me an aplausse for doing nothing. It's something crazy, but I'm trying to be sincere: My dream job was always being part of the "circus". 

I have always enjoyed creating all the crazy impossible ideas that come to my mind. When I was a child I didn't know how to make them come true, it was hard as my family was very tradionational (in kind of way). I mean, my sister was studiying stadistics and nobody had apretiation for arts. 

One day a took my sister's math book and I remember that my first reaction was a mix of frustration about what life is going to be to me. I cried for the thought of not being capable, i said to my mom, i can't do this, i don't understand nothing. I was just 7 years old.

My first presentation in public was La Pérgola de las Flores, a play written by Isidora Aguirre. I had the main character in that opportunity. After that I took the opportuniy to participate in every "artistic thing" or anything involving art.

From then on every decision I made has been in spite of living from and for the art. It wasn't easy because as well as we know, here in Chile it's kind of a privilige to dedicated your life to arts. So I have to take the hard path.

I studied journalism first. I finished my career, I considered myself very good at that, I worked as a journalist, but there was something wrong when I woke up in the morning to go to work, something kind of frustrating. So I decided not to be a frustrated person and I jumped in the pool. I took the five year art course at Universidad de Chile. Writting about this makes it sound simple, but theres a lot of effort behind that decision and lot of worries like: movin to another city, finding a good partime or freelance job, providing myself basic living stuff in order to have good mental health in a career that has issues with mental wellness.

In spite of everything my two experiences studiying two carers at the university were great, because after all I enjoy learning. Because after all learning is my motto.

Me and my coleague and best friend Noelia Coñuenao. We both dream about live from and for arts.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 5: Someone I admire in my field

A country I would like to visit

Who am I